Dress for your shape.
Here are some tips for dressing for your body shape:
Triangle Shaped Body or Pear Shape
Short or tall women with wider thighs and hips and a narrower waist and smaller shoulders can be categorized as pear shaped or triangle shaped.
How to Dress:
- Dress to show off your slim arms and upper half with strapless tops and dresses.
- Strappy tops, lace, embroidery and embellishments on your top are great for drawing attention to your slim shoulders and top half.
- Accentuate your waist by cinching your tops and dresses with a belt.
- A-line skirts flatter a pear-shaped figure best as they skim over the hips and are narrow at the waist.
- Maxi dresses are great as they hide your hips while making your top half look great.
- A pair of killer heels will work wonders as they will elongate your legs and make your lower half appear leaner.
Inverted Triangle Shaped Body
This body type is characterized by a larger upper half with a large bust, large shoulders and a wider waist and slim hips and legs.
How To Dress:
- You are blessed with slender legs so show them off in shorts, skirts and dresses.
- Avoid detailing on the shoulders which can make you look bulky.
- Wrap tops are perfect for women with this body shape as it will accentuate a fuller bust.
- Opt for waistcoats and tailored jackets, which add width at the hips rather than the shoulders.
- Feminine necklines like shirts with ruffled details will work best as they soften a broad top-half.
- Palazzo pants will look great on your figure and exaggerate your hips, and they are totally on trend at the moment.
Rectangle Shaped Body or Athletic Shape
A sporty body that is more straight and less curvy with long arms and legs and shoulders and hips that are approximately of the same width is known as a rectangle or athletic shape.
How To Dress:
- Clothes that are nipped at the waist or belts help create curves. An empire-waist is great for giving the illusion of a fuller bust.
- Fitted or bodycon dresses show off your long legs and slender figure.
- Feminine details and cuts will soften a straight body.
- Strappy tops will add femininity and dimension.
Hour Glass Shaped Body
The body type that women spend their whole life trying to achieve and men spend their whole life trying to chase is the voluptuous hour glass shaped body. It is characterized by a curvy bust and hips and a narrow waist.
How To Dress:
- Choose clothes that define your small waist like wrap tops and belted tops.
- This figure is ideal for a bandage dress.
- Skinny jeans look great on this figure, choose jeans that are cropped at the ankle.
- Wear high-waisted shorts and jeans to display the curve of your hips.
- Tops and jackets detail on the shoulders works well as it will emphasize your shoulders.
Diamond Shaped Body
A body that is wider at the waist and narrower at the hips and shoulders is known as a diamond shaped body.How To Dress:
- Pleated, A-line and pencil skirts work for this body type. Knee-lengths will give the impression of curvier hips.
- Wear dresses that are loose on the shoulders and bottom but fitted at the waist. Wrap dresses are great for this figure shape.
- Empire cuts will elongate your waist. Choose tops with detailing on the shoulders.
- Some killer heels will elongate and slim your body, especially your torso.
Round Shaped Body or Apple Shaped
A rounded stomach, ample bust, slimmer hips and thin legs are known as a round or apple shaped figure.How To Dress:
- Use bright colours and bold patterns to distract from problem areas and solid blocks of colour to highlight the best parts.
- A-line skirts and dresses work best to hide your waist and give the impression of curvy hips.
- Use your outfit to draw attention to your assets like that cleavage and great legs while retracting attention from your stomach.
- Straight-cut jeans that start at the waist will help elongate your body and help you seem slimmer.
'Create your own style.Let it be unique to you and yet identifiable to others.'I hope these tips help and please comment and let us no what you think.